Many Inventors trying to generate their product ideas to market are totally crushed by rejection. So, I thought I offers a regarding some of your reasons you could have gotten discarded. It does not cover every reason you could get rejected, but hopefully it will give you something how to patent an idea or product look into.
You wish to realize that inventing is fundamentally a numbers game! Yes, you still need to own a good idea but you will find that irrespective of how to patent good an idea you could imagine it is that you may still get rejected. Many marketable ideas are rejected all period. Even if it does not make sense to you that they reject an example that they agree is usually profitable. Listed below are some common purposes why even marketable ideas are rejected.
1. This company may have also a complete collection of products and not seeking add alot more.
2. Make use of this is outside their target market.
3. You sent your submission towards wrong person in the company – don’t assume they’ll automatically send it right one.
4. You sent premise unsolicited without contacting corporation first to check their submission policy, in addition they rejected it solely on that essence.
5. You didn’t have proper contact about your entry. (That is one of the highest mistakes Inventors make. The machines will not bother to you decrease.)
6. Contain too many similar products and that companies are flooded proper.
7. Your idea attracts a small niche market and would like mass market items.
8. Costly to manufacture versus the return on investment is too high.
9. Income sheet in order to WOW them and lacked consumer benefits information or was overloaded with significantly information to sort indicates of.
10. Goods has been really patented by someone else and tend not to want to determine if they goes around it or risk infringement elements.
11. Your product or idea isn’t compared to what has already been on the actual marketplace. This tells them you didn’t research your idea very nicely and don’t own a clue who other sellers is looking.
12. You sent a product that is precisely like their current product and that current strategy is a marginal seller. So yours will not fare any better.
13. Your idea is outdated or perhaps on the downswing when what is on its way out the following year.
14. They have a better solution than yours their works for release that coming . (This is also where Inventors may scream the company stole their idea regardless of whether the company has already invested in molds, engineering, samples, etc prior to the Inventor contacting the company about their idea. Goes on a significant. Inventors forget that they are not the only ones inventing.)
15. They have received another similar idea from another Inventor and are in negotiations with that Inventor.
16. You have posted your idea unprotected online in a single of those invention posting sites where others vote on goods to find out there is interest. Your public disclosure makes company concerned whether any patent protection may allowed and turns it down in accordance to that ailment.
17. You posted your unprotected idea and video of the working prototype online and possess a significant involving hits. This again raises the concern whether any patent would be possible because of your public disclosure.
18. You stated that you should have an issued patent, however they participate in a quick look up your patent they see that it has lapsed thanks to non-payment of fees and features been lapsed significantly after due encounter. Making the chances of it being reinstated unlikely.
19. There are any patent, truly was poorly written and will not cover the actual product. (This happens a lot)
20. It is easy to design patent and designing around your patent is a straightforward task, to ensure that you they can expect very little protection avaiable for purchase.
21. Sometimes the company you have approached just doesn’t take a outside ideas and doesn’t publicize i’m not sure. So you get a rejection letter, but websites explain they just don’t look beyond the company.
22. You sent them your product but they have decided on your line for that year or patent a product the following year and aren’t open to taking on anything else at period.
23. They only consider items with a sales history they can review and then your item by no means been in production or sold stores or online. In order that they do not need to consider the risk getting the first company to encourage it.
As I stated above these are simply a few of the reasons abdominal muscles your idea/product rejected by a company. Really take time to yourself and understand your market, your place in that market and do your part things yourself as marketable as is feasible.